World Konkani Center:
Konkani Students Higher Achievement Motivation and Training Academy, also known as KSHAMATA Academy was inaugurated in 2011. The Intellectual Leader, Sri T.V. Mohandas Pai had a dream to enhance the personalities of deserving Engineering and Medical students through the Vocational Training Program which teaches professional skills like communication, leadership, and problem-solving abilities.
- MN along with CA Giridhar Kamath conceptualized, designed, and launched the training initiative at KSHAMATA
- Created a Trainer’s Training program and a pool of Professional Trainers, who in turn train the students
- The content development of a 6 Level Training Module for the overall development of students has been the handiwork of M N Pai in the initial years
- This program benefits a total number of 600 students every year since 2011
- Currently, the project is on auto-pilot mode and Pai has taken up the Mentor’s role and provides inputs whenever required
Indian Society of Training and Development (ISTD):
It is a premier institution in the field of Human Resource Development with a distinguished record of service spanning for more than three decades. Established in April 1979, it is a national level professional and non-profit society registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860. It has a large membership of individuals and institutions involved in the area of Training and Development of Human Resource from Government, Public, and Private Sector Organizations and Enterprises; Educational and Training Institutions and other Professional Bodies. The Society is affiliated to the International Federation of Training and Development Organizations (IFTDO), Geneva and Asian Regional Training and Development Organizations (ARTDO), Manila.
- Pai is a lifetime member of ISTD and is serving as the National Council Member for the term 2020- 22
- He was the co-chairman of the Infrastructure and Building committee of the ISTD for the term 2020-22
- Mangalore/ Udupi Chapter Unaimously elected him as the Chairman of for the term 2022-2024
Pai has been invited as Guest Facilitar/ Speaker on various occasions to address Leadership and communication topics for several groups at Toastmasters, ICAI, Rotary, business associations, students, universities professors and various other forums.
Team building, How to develop leadership as a personality and in the vocation you are in, and Interview Skills have been the focus areas.
He has developed and runs training to professors of universities in Mangalore and Bangalore as a part of faculty development Program on upskilling mentoring program for their students. Focus area is to be a better mentor to the students.
Organic/ Biodynamic Agriculture:
- Trained and demonstrated how to grow cashews, mangoes, and coconuts organically. Methods to maintain soil fertility, pest management, and health and hygiene of the farms
- Based on the ‘Maria Thun Calendar’, techniques to read the calendar and adopt them in an agri-cycle.
- Prepared Biodynamic preps from cow’s horns, cow dung, crystals and the cow pat pith. How BD preps can bring back the micronutrients and fertility of the soil
- Led the team as Management Representative in implementation of ISO 9000 Quality Management System(QMS) in 2 units of Achal group companies
- Faced the tough audits from Det Norske Veritas BV. ISO 22000, Food Safety Management System(FSMS) in 2005
- In 2006, led a team to implement these standards at the Achal unit which was a record in the whole world, being the first ISO22000 certified unit
- Certified trainer in Fair Trade practices
- Provided certification to small holder cashew farmers groups under the Fair Trade International
- Have handled the certification of private social standard , ‘Hand In Hand’, of Rapunzel Naturkost Germany similar to Fairtrade, since 2001
- Initially, training the farmers, workers, and all the community around these locations. Represented and presented on the Fairtrade activities on a regular basis